Thursday, October 8, 2009

Couponing 101 Hint B

* BUY ENOUGH TO LAST

When the food and products my family consumes go on sale I buy enough to last until it is likely to go on sale again. This is why understanding store ad cycles is so important. How do I know how much to buy? In general, I buy one unit per consumer in my household. This “magic” number is different for each family (depending on how many family members you have living in your home) but serves as a basic guide to determine how much of a particular item I need to purchase in order to last my family about 12 weeks. This way, when we run out of the food & products we consume… instead of heading to the store (where it’s unlikely to be on sale again), I just hit my pantry! This is also commonly referred to as “stock piling” or stocking up. This will increase your savings dramatically over time.

These handouts I give at class are provided by Colette who is over Grocery Smarts in Nevada. She is amazing!! click HERE for her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment